Considering the fact that our smile is one of the first things people notice about us, it is not surprising that having damaged or imperfect teeth can knock out our confidence. With Family Dentistry today being such an easy and pain-free process, it really does not take much to restore your teeth, smile and self-confidence. Family Dentistry covers an array of procedures, including:
- Dental Crowns – these are permanent replacements for single or multiple teeth that are cracked, crooked, misshapen or discoloured. Dental crowns look like natural teeth in their design and color, so you will not need to worry about other people noticing that you have had work done. -A common Family Dentistry procedure.
- Dental Bridges – a dental bridge is exactly what you probably imagine it to be: a false tooth that is used to bridge a gap caused by a missing teeth. Teeth can be lost through trauma, decay or accident, so it is reassuring to know that should you be a victim of tooth loss you can now use a simple dental bridge to restore your smile.
- Root Canal Therapy – this is not an uncommon procedure and is necessary when a tooth, usually cracked or otherwise damaged, is either infected or likely to become infected. Root canal therapy involves the dentist drilling through the pulp chamber and removing the infected area and nerves from the root canal.
- Wisdom Teeth – Wisdom teeth are the last teeth to emerge in adulthood, although not everyone will get them. For those who do, they sometimes need to be extracted as they are impacted or there is not enough room in the mouth to accommodate them.
- Sleep Apnea – This is a disorder where your breathing pauses during sleep and can cause sever health problems. We at Anderson Dental are specialists in sleep disorders and can prescribe you Oral Appliance Therapy, which is a custom-made mouthpiece that prevents sleep apnea by moving the lower jaw forward, which opens the airway.
Family Dentistry has evolved a lot over the years and here at Anderson Dental we can take care of all your dentistry needs quickly and efficiently, giving you the smile you deserve. Visit us for all your Family Dentistry needs.